|Registration for CPSR’s Stroke Program in Neurorecovery (SPiN) Workshop is now open!The SPiN workshop brings together young researchers from across the world to learn from expert faculty about basic science and clinical stroke research. This three-day workshop is targeted for trainees (e.g., graduate students and post-doctoral fellows) and will be an excellent opportunity to network with other trainees and faculty in the field from within and outside of Canada.
All trainees are welcome to apply!
Workshop Dates: July 19-21, 2022
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Registration Deadline: Friday July 15, 2022
Registration Link: https://buytickets.at/cpsr/533863
- Learn about the latest techniques and technologies in stroke recovery research via interactive workshops (where possible)
- Learn about translational approaches in stroke recovery research, from basic science and clinical research perspectives
- Learn about the latest stroke rehabilitation therapies used with patients
- Network with your peers and get to know other research labs
- Interact closely with internationally-recognized scientists
Participating Research Labs (click on link for program agenda: SPIN WORKSHOP AGENDA).
Isabelle Aubert, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Matilde Balbi, Queensland Brain Institute, Queensland, Australia
Joyce Chen, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mindy Levin, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Courtney Pollock, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Brodie Sakakibara, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ada Tang, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Other activities include:
– listening to personal experiences from stroke survivors and having the opportunity to ask questions
– hearing and interacting with expert scientists: Drs. McLaurin, Stefanovic, Winston, Black & Goubran.
– expanding your research network and meeting fellow trainees in small groups
– presenting your research studies to fellow trainees and getting feedback
$150 CDN plus applicable taxes
If you have any questions, please contact Farrell Leibovitch, Director, Research & Training, CPSR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of 2022 CPSR National Trainee Association Executive Committee